Welcome to “Ascending to the APEX of the project management ladder, demystifying project portfolio management, and building a winning game plan for becoming a project portfolio management expert.”
Project management and project portfolio management offer a set of business practices that enables an organization to identify its most critical activities, and investments that will create the most value for the organization, while managing the allocation of its most constrained resources. The goal of this course is to provide you with a foundation of principles, processes, and procedures that will enable you to demystify project portfolio management and become a project portfolio management expert and use the tools and techniques to manage and support your organization’s project portfolio solutions.
Peter Drucker stated, “Quality in a product or service is not what the supplier puts in. It is what the customer gets out and is willing to pay for, a product is not quality because it is hard to make, or costs a lot of money, as manufacturers typically believe. This is incompetence. Customers pay only for what is of use to them and give them value. Nothing else constitutes quality.”
True Business Values
Project portfolio management is about giving our customers, executive stakeholders, and colleagues, true business values, quality products, and services that can be reflected on the bottom-line profits and allow customer satisfaction and retention.
This foundational course will equip you to provide the building blocks for using these principles of project portfolio management and allow you to ascend to the apex of the project management ladder while demystifying project portfolio management.
So, this course is designed for Project, Program, and Portfolio Managers who are responsible for implementing an organization’s portfolio management capability, and who need to:
- Align a company’s or organization’s project investments with its strategic goals and objectives.
- Implement a portfolio management governance program that provides guidance and stewardship over the project ideation, selection, calibration, and execution processes, while establishing policies and procedures to manage the company’s portfolio assets effectively.
- Monitor the organization’s portfolio performance.
- Track the performance of the portfolio management against risk and monitoring them while optimizing the portfolio to mitigate the risks that have been identified.
- Help you engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization and execute a comprehensive communication strategy.
So, this course is designed for those who have been tasked with the responsibility to create value for their organization. It’s also open to anyone who wants to learn and have an impact on the project management office within their organization.
To learn more, click here.